Important Notice for existing Clients of the Vancouver North East WorkBC Employment Services Centre
This notice applies to:
- Clients receiving personalized Case Management Services
- Clients who access employment services via Our Self-Serve Resource Area and who wish to continue with this access
Beginning April 1, 2019, WorkBC will offer better services for people who need support to re-enter the workforce, access training opportunities and find good jobs. The services people count on will continue to be available, with enhanced supports that include:
- A better focus on helping you find and sustain employment.
- Help to find a better job if your hours are unstable, or if the work is not in line with your skills.
- Expanded eligibility for specialized WorkBC services if you have paid into employment insurance (EI) for five of the last 10 years.
- WorkBC Employment Services offer employment services and supports through 103 WorkBC Centres across the province and online through www.WorkBC.ca.
- WorkBC Apprentice Services provide financial supports to Apprentices in training.
- WorkBC Assistive Technology Services offers adaptive technology to help people with disabilities pursue employment opportunities.
WorkBC Employment Services will be accessible from your home computer or smart phone through the Online Employment Services (OES) portal (located at www.WorkBC.ca).
Effective April 1, 2019, you will be required to have OES account in order to receive WorkBC Employment Services. OES registration will provide you with access to your important case information (such as financial supports), and the ability to share information with your WorkBC Centre staff. To make sure you have access starting April 1st, contact your WorkBC Centre today.
For more information on how you can benefit from these enhanced services, please contact
your WorkBC Centre Case Manager with the Vancouver Northeast WorkBC Employment Services Centre at 312-2555 Commercial Drive and 604.708.9300, or via email at email@example.com.
Click here for a PDF version of this post.