Community Connections Employment Support Program
Kiwassa Neighbourhood House is a community hub where people of all ages, cultures and walks of life can find information and resources, make friends, participate in programs, share ideas, and contribute to community life.
Kiwassa has been successfully providing employment services for more than thirty years for both job seekers and those who need assistance to become job ready. Our agency’s mission is to provide opportunities that engage, empower and educate people so they may participate productively in their community.
People who come to Kiwassa tell us they feel welcome, respected and at home. Try us, you will like us!
The Community Connections Employment Support Program provides support to those who need assistance to become job ready. Our very experienced employment staff work together in partnership with our participants to:
• Identify needs and goals and create action plans with useful, practical steps
• Provide in depth assessments in a confidential and respectful manner
• Work with you to help you get your basic needs met
• Increase knowledge and skills through one to one coaching and group sessions
• Training in basic computer skills, and access to computers and internet
• Assist you in accessing employment search resources
• Connections with a wide variety of community resources
Other programs within Kiwassa include activities for children, youth, families and seniors, non-profit housing, family food bank and community meals and snacks, social activities including arts and music, licensed childcare, and volunteer opportunities.
Kiwassa Community Connections
2425 Oxford Street, Vancouver V5K 1M7
Phone: 604 254 5401
Hours of operation: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
You are also welcome to use services at our other locations. Contact us for details.