Website Vancouver Fringe Festival
Theatre for Everyone
The Vancouver Fringe Theatre Society produces the Vancouver Fringe Festival, BC’s largest theatre festival! Pursuing the vision of “Theatre for Everyone,” the Fringe Festival features unjuried, uncensored theatre of all kinds for all audiences. The 2018 Festival takes place September 6-16 at venues on and around Granville Island and across the city. The Vancouver Fringe Theatre Society also operates Theatre Wire, which offers year-round tickets, subscriptions, and insider info about independent theatre happenings in Vancouver.
Reporting to the Director of Patron Development, the Sponsorship Manager will use sponsor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship techniques to develop sponsorships. The Sponsorship Manager will also assist with Festival-time events as well as grant research and writing.
We’re looking for someone with stellar people skills and great attention to detail. You should be excited about our organization, easy to get along with and able to negotiate a contract with high-level sponsors.
This is a full-time, permanent position beginning as soon as possible.
- Renew current sponsor contracts and source and negotiate new sponsor contracts including beer, wine, food, raffle prizes, and volunteer incentives
- Managing logistics of sponsors’ on-site presence during the Festival (sponsor activations)
- Liaising with contracted bar management team pertaining to sponsorships specific to the Fringe Bar
- Overseeing raffle, including procurement of raffle prizes as well as hiring and supervising Raffle Coordinator
- Assistance with Festival events including Opening Night, Artists’ Cabaret, Fringe-For-All, and Awards Ceremony
- Oversight of all sponsor recognition in print, electronic, and social media
- Working in conjunction with the Communications Director on annual grants and reports to funders
- Research and proposal writing for grants, foundations, and other new funding opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience/interest in fundraising, sponsorship, event planning
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- A level of comfort with cold calling and approaching new sponsor prospects
- Computer skills: MS Office, basic database, and website maintenance knowledge an asset
Experience with not-for-profit sector an asset
SALARY: $30,000 annually plus commission on new cash sponsorships. Competitive benefits package, including three weeks paid vacation and a four-day work week from October to March.
DEADLINE: February 18, 2018
TO APPLY: E-mail your resume and cover letter to Chelsee Damen at email@example.com.The Vancouver Fringe thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Fringe is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.