UVANU Recruit Canada
UVANU Recruit Canada Entertainment Ltd. is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented and experienced Office Manager to join our high paced educational consulting agency.
Position: Office Manager (NOC 1221-B)
Hours: Monday to Friday (35 hours/week)
Hourly Wage: $24.00~$26.00 (Depends on experience)
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: Advantage Dental Plan will be applied after 3 months’ probationary period
Working location: #402-609 W. Hastings St. Vancouver BC, V6B 4W4
Primary Service of Business: Education Consulting and Referral Service
UVANU Recruit Canada is an educational consulting agency based in Vancouver, Canada that has been operating since 2002 in search of solutions to our clients’ necessities, searching for not only English as Second Language (ESL) schools, but also career vocational colleges & public colleges and universities. Our main goal is to assist international students in having a smooth transition as they seek out various opportunities in Canada. Our company acts as an information centre regarding education, living necessities (homestay, public transportation, health insurance, library & bank opening information, entertainments etc.) and other important subject matters such as internship opportunities, visa services and immigration.
- Co-ordinate office administrative procedures and services, in conjunction with the Director
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to our partner educational institutions
- Responsible for the day-to-day general administration of company, assist the Director and support the staff team
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reportsand statistics for internal and external use
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to support staff and ensure procedures are followed
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys; process of invoices, receipts and payments as required
- In liaison with the Director with maintaining and reviewing all service contracts and agreements
- In liaison with partner institutions, other institutions, partner agencies, and prospective students
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage of the arrival of large groups of students from our partner agencies
- Assist in matters relating to marketing and publicity for the companypromotional materials
- Assist in staff recruitment and orientation activities;manage and train staff who perform accounts and admissions duties, and new staff in other positions
- Ensure that office equipment (phone, printer, fax etc.) is in good working order; arrange for repair when necessary
- Hold the budget for routine stationery and office supplies and ensure all is kept in stock; check inventory and place orders when necessary
- Help with the receptionist duties for office, greet visitors, answer telephone, refer enquiries to the respective staff where appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
- Completion of secondary school is required
- A university degree or college diploma in business or public administration is required
- At least 3 years of work experience in a managerial position related to office administration/customer service industry is required
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Strong administrative/managerial skills; attention to details and excellent organizational skills required
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal departments
- Ability to work with confidential documents and manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office suite, particularly MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Office Manager” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.