Maillardville Animal Hospital
About the Hospital:
Maillardville Animal Hospital in Coquitlam, BC provides veterinary care for all creatures great and small. We are a dedicated group of caring and passionate individuals who strive to provide quality care to our clients. Whether it is for routine preventive care, a surgical procedure, a serious health issue or treatment of an injury, we treat our client’s pet as we would one of our own.
Currently, we are hiring a full-time and permanent Veterinary Technician for our hospital. The candidate must be a team player who is friendly, patient, and enthusiastic with clients and their pets and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. It is essential that they possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; have the ability to multitask, and have a high attention to detail.
Company Legal Name: Vinayak Holdings Ltd.
Company Business Name: Maillardville Animal Hospital
Company Website: www.maillardvillevet.com
Business Address: 1119 C, Austin Avenue, Coquitlam, BC – V3K 3P4
Position: Veterinary Technician
Number of positions: 1
Terms of employment: Full Time, Permanent
Wages: $22.50 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Work Location: 1119 C, Austin Avenue, Coquitlam, BC – V3K3P4
- Assist veterinarian with animals before, during and following surgery.
- Prepare and administer medication as per veterinarian’s instructions.
- Take X-rays, place IV catheters, collect samples and perform laboratory tests to help in the diagnosis of animal health problems and possible treatment.
- Communicate with clients about animal care and discuss discharge instructions.
- Maintain animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating the database.
- Enhance service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum 2 or 3-year College diploma/degree in health/veterinary technology is required.
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician will be an asset but not mandatory.
- Applicant must be fluent in English and willing to work at evening shifts.
How to apply:
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To reduce our environmental footprint and enhance the effectiveness of our applicant tracking process, we ask that you submit your resume through email at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.