Website Hollyburn Family Services
Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Hollyburn Family Services is recruiting for a Full-time Behavioural Support Worker. The position is located in North Vancouver. You will work with a highly aggressive, verbal, male youth with high needs who has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD.
This position requires a high energy, very enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude and a strong skill set. It is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with a highly knowledgeable team.
- 2 year Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Child Psychology or related field.
- At least 1 year of experience working with children/youth with developmental disabilities and Autism.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a residential environment.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required.
- First Aid/CPR certificate, an asset.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training, an asset.
- Must demonstrate experience dealing with children with severe behavioural challenges and mental health issues.
- Must demonstrate emergency response skills and good decision making in dealing with safety issues and with manic/aggressive episodes, if required.
- Must demonstrate effective counselling skills, negotiation skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with external stakeholders in an effective manner.
- Possess fluent English verbal and writing skills.
- Possess initiative, creativity and organizational skills.
- Be able to multitask; balancing client needs with administrative duties
- Ability to work with the needs of clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Knowledge of risk assessments and a good understanding of crisis management.
- Experience in creating social stories, visuals aids, sensory integration and report writing.
- Experience coordinating recreational activities in the community.
- Experience with strategy development, mediation, advocacy, community networking, life skills management and skills development.
- Knowledge of the behaviours associated with of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Knowledge of supportive strategies, needs and risk assessment.
- Good understanding of crisis management.
Benefits: Employer premium paid BC Medical, extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance and sick leave. A Registered Retirement Savings Plan is also available whereby the employer matches contributions up to 3% of gross salary. Competitive vacation package.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.45 /hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.