Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House
Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House is looking for a Seniors Hub Volunteer Coordinator. If you have a passion for working with seniors in the community, this is a great opportunity to provide leadership for the Seniors Hub project. The Seniors Hub, as part of the Allies in Aging project (http://alliesinaging.ca), is a dynamic initiative to work with seniors as volunteer leaders to reach and connect with isolated seniors.
Primary Functions of the Position:
• Work with project partners to roll out a Seniors Hub model for Cedar Cottage and support broader project goals regarding learning and evaluation
• Engage seniors and community partners in developing multiple strategies for implementing a Seniors Hub including supporting seniors to lead project activities
• Use a community development approach to build the capacity of multilingual community members and volunteers to decrease isolation of seniors
• Build the capacity of seniors and seniors’ organizations, to identify community strengths, gaps in service, and create opportunities for seniors to participate in community life.
• Provide leadership in integrating and aligning the Hub and CCNH seniors programming; & provide linkages and coordination among a number of community partners.
• Assist in recruiting, training, supporting and coordinating volunteers within the Hub development and Neighbourly Together projects.
• Work with Project team to develop a virtual hub and join communication tools.
• To work Monday to Friday with some flexibility to both travel to offsite locations and the occasional activity on the weekend
• Completion of a college or university program in social work, education, volunteer management or other social science or health-related discipline is preferred.
• Knowledge of Neighbourhood House and/or community development approaches
• 1-2 years experience working in multicultural setting with seniors
Resumes to: Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House, 4065 Victoria Drive, Vancouver, BC V5N 4M9
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention Kelly Woods)
Closing Date: August 3rd, 2018
Hourly Wage: $25. 31 (benefits package after 3 months)
Terms of Employment: 35 hours per week August 13th, 2018 – March 31st, 2019 (continued employment is dependent on funding)
We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be eligible to work in Canada
Programs at Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House are funded by:
City of Vancouver, CKNW Orphan’s Fund, CAPC, MCFD, Service Canada, United Way, VCH, Vancouver Foundation
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.